Here comes 2008. Can you believe it?
Last night was the 10-year anniversary of our engagement. We celebrated by watching The Godfather, Part 2 (very festive, no?), followed by the traditional Swedish New Year's movie, and then a webcam to Times Square for the stroke of midnight. The traditional Swedish New Year's movie is a British comedy bit called "Dinner for One". Very strange. A quick Google reveals that it is also traditional in Germany. As far as I can tell it's not traditional in any English-speaking countries.
I'm thinking about resolutions. I don't think it's wise to make more than one resolution, or the chances of keeping them all become very slim indeed. But I have so many things I want to do, that I can't decide which one should be my official resolution:
1) Walk 100 miles in 3 months.
2) Exercise (yoga and/or weights) at least 4 times a week.
3) Spend half an hour daily cleaning the house.
I may just resolve not to resolve anything this year.
Things I'm looking forward to in 2008:
1) Having an extra week of vacation (10 years with the same company has some benefits!)
2) Going on a cruise to Antarctica
3) Having a renovated bathroom
4) Tearing down the wallpaper on the main floor and painting (maybe my extra week of vacation can be put to use for this)
Here's hoping for a great New Year for everyone!