I know, it's been forever since I last posted. Please forgive me. I've had the worst blogger's block. (Wow, I just went and looked, and my last post was Feb 25?? I didn't realize it had been THAT long.)
So, let me see if I can sum up all the exciting things that have happened since the last time I blogged.
1) We caught the squirrel!
And then we extra-super-squirrel-proofed the attic, so hopefully we won't have any more uninvited guests. And I cleaned out his stinky, stinky squirrel toilet. Let me tell you, it wasn't pretty. Not in the least.
2) I learned how to plumb. I have no pics of this - you'll have to trust me. But with the help of a DIY book and the nice man at Home Hardware, I managed to fix the leaky hot water tap in the bathtub. Go me! Kenneth did help a little as well, but not that much. I think I may plumb again tomorrow - the cold water tap is leaking a little bit (not nearly as much as the hot one was) - and if I do, I'll photo-document it.
3) The weather turned gorgeous! It was so warm today, that when I was working in the yard, I was worried I'd get a sunburn. I have turned off the furnace, and had the windows open during the day. (I wish I hadn't gone to look up the weather for this post. I just learned it will turn cold again by the end of the week.)
4) I finished the socks I posted about in my last post, and started another pair with some yarn I won from SarahJanet's blog. She had a contest, and I was the winner! It's too dark to take pics now, but maybe tomorrow.
5) I finished the branching rib pullover, and I hate it. It's too baggy. Baggy works for my favorite sweatshirt, but not so much for a knitted sweater. Plus, I hate how the collar turned out. It's currently acting as my headrest on the couch until I get up the nerve to rip it out so I can use the yarn for something else.
6) My laptop died, and I had to frantically buy another one online with the last few remaining shreds of battery it had. The old one worked great, except for the minor problem that the power cord wouldn't charge the battery unless you spent 10 minutes wrangling it into the correct position. At least, for a while. Eventually it got to the point where the only way we could charge the battery was by putting the laptop on the floor, and wedging something under the power cord to hold it in place. So now I have a shiny new Dell. So far, so good with this one. (And it has Vista. I feel all modern.)
7) This isn't really an update item, but I wanted to share. I found this picture today on my computer. It's from our January, 2004 vacation to Cozumel. Doesn't it look just like a painting? It reminds me of "Starry Night" for some reason. It's my new desktop background.